Change font size   Print view   Arrange Blocks
Navigator

New 3A1X1 Career Field Born from 3D0X1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:18 am
I posted this in the 3D0X1 forum because they're harvesting over 80% of you guys for this new AFSC. Just got the word from my superintendent, along with a fancy force-shaping PowerPoint. From the report:

[3D0X1] will split in 2014:
1. Most will become 3A1X1 (Administration) and continue to provide administrative support as they do today
  • Stand-alone (AB-CMSgt) AFSC
  • Assigned to many units, many locations
  • Not considered a Cyberspace specialty
  • 8M000 Postal will stand down and merge with 3A1X1
  • ASVAB: Admin-47 (same as it is today)
2. A few will remain 3D0X1 (Knowledge Mgmt) and focus on enterprise information capabilities, cross-functional sharing, and process-improvement to increase mission effectiveness
  • Assigned primarily to Comm Sq (SCOK)
  • KOMC Pilot currently evaluating tasks, training, manpower reqm’ts
  • ASVAB: General-64 (same as other 3D0XX AFSCs)

The above is just a quick summary. If any of you want a copy of this PowerPoint, PM me your .mil address and I'll send it to you from my .mil address.
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 pm
As a prior 3D0X2 who spent 18 months in the CSS, I hope whoever gets that horrible sounding AFSC is happy with it.
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:03 am
So how does that exactly differ from Knowledge Mgmt??? All our prior 3As were converted to Knowledge (Lucky ones became CSTs), then got split from the CS and thrown all over the base to different units, doing Staff Admin BS and acting as an IMO for said unit... I don't see how this changes anything, still treated as stated above. There are only 5 that is actually with SCOK while the other 20+ something are no longer even in the same Group level. Big AF you so silly. Lol
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 am
That's kind of the point. They merged 3A0X1 into the Comm AFSCs because the General's secretary should have some basic Comm knowledge too. :roll: When they realized that the job hardly changed, they decided to re-create the 3A AFSC as 3A1X1 and boot them out of the Comm field, leaving behind the few who are actually doing Comm work.

Overall, the job isn't changing much at all. Those who are doing administrative jobs (over 80% of the field) will be redesignated as 3A1X1, while the select few working real Comm jobs will stay as 3D0X1's.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:11 pm
wyvern wrote:As a prior 3D0X2 who spent 18 months in the CSS, I hope whoever gets that horrible sounding AFSC is happy with it.

I am a 3A151 and work CSS for 2.5 years in a AMXS. I will say, yes, this job sucks. I get constantly asked to do the most mundane stuff because someone doesnt want to. However, it has its perks. You get to work with senior leadership a lot and pick their brains. Very interesting stuff I have learned. Also, I can right an EPR and decorations flawlessly as a SrA. You kind of do behind scene work. It is a thankless job, but I know constantly i help catch things and fix things that no one knows was an issue. For isntance, reviewing a MSgt's package for promotion, I noticed that their first AF911 copied the first block and pasted in another block, so 4 bullets were exactly the same...AND FSS AND AFPC MISSED IT. But we got it corrected and they are now a SMSgt. I may of played a very little to no role in that but I feel that it saved them some hassel. It's not much, but its what we got. Though I do repeat...this job is no fun. There is no set schedule, you have to handle majority of things as they come. and they day to day is boring. But...I do not regret being in this job, but I am looking to cross train

Return to 3D0X1-Knowledge