Change font size   Print view   Arrange Blocks
Navigator

Course 15 V1/Online NCOA

Certs, college's to choose from, GI bill benefits, boot strap program, credits you get for basic, ALS, CCAF etc., rumors on the TA being stopped/reduced, etc...

3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:28 pm
Has anyone received an email about eligibility to enroll in Course 15 V1? The AF is transitioning the current NCOA to a distance learning/in-residence hybrid course. The course consists of two phases: phase 1 is an online course through AU which consists of five volumes (3 volumes for set 1 and 2 volumes for set 2) and a proctored exam which must be completed in one year, and phase 2 consists of something called NCOA Advanced Leadership (Resident) Education (NCOA-ALE). Eligibility for AD is: 1. E6 w/greater than 2 years TIG that also have 2 or more deferments from NCOA. 2. E6 w/less than 1 year TIG. 3. E6 returned from NCOA to home station prior to graduation as a result of government shutdown.

So my question is does anyone have any information about what NCOA-ALE will consist of? My chain of command is clueless, instructor at local NCOA didn't know much more, and I didn't see anything when I briefly scanned the volumes. Does anyone have any inside information?
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am
Course 15 will soon become part of mandatory PME. The word out now is that if you will not be going through NCOA by Mar15 it will be required that you enroll in and complete Course 15 prior to attending the new in-residence NCOA ALE.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:23 am
You are now required to complete the NCOA DL Course prior to attending in-residence. Check out the Google Play Store or Amazon App Store, they have some good NCOA Trainers.
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:18 am
Weird question, TSgt been in 17.5 years, never been to NCOA (remotes and remaining in-residences are all full). The EPME reg states that no longer than 12 years to enroll. My shirt said I need to do it but everything else I read says otherwise. Anyone have some insight?

Return to Education