Change font size   Print view   Arrange Blocks
Navigator

Buckley AFB, Denver CO

Have questions about housing, renting, buying, good/bad areas, schools, etc. at your next base? Then ask in here!
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:10 pm
Heffe01 wrote:In aurora just south of the base down tower road. There is alot of new development there. Though we bought an older house. Its in the 7th hills district, which is just south of sterling hills west.

jechilt wrote:e470 (gunn club) and Hampton. The Plains Conservatory is outside my back door.

Nice area! best part is NO traffic! hope all went smooth... I know a few good pubs in the area, so PM if interested :wink:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:16 pm
McCabes at Southlands

Don't get out much...
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 pm
jechilt wrote:McCabes at Southlands

ugh...

Check out the Royal Hilltop in the NE corner of Tower/Hampden!!! now that's a real pub!
5-Level
5-Level
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:59 pm
Has anyone heard of the movie tavern at that location? Drove by it today and it looks kinda nice.
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:56 pm
Heffe01 wrote:Has anyone heard of the movie tavern at that location? Drove by it today and it looks kinda nice.

Not a bad place, it's about 6 months old. For a drink and a movie is cool,
but for an acutal meal, not really. Chilli's and TGIF prices but not the quality, but you can watch a movie while drinking a cold beer!!! :wink:

If you're planning on watching a new release, just plan on getting in a bit earlier to get a good seat.
5-Level
5-Level
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 pm
where do you work at out there doogiemo?
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:03 pm
Heffe01 wrote:where do you work at out there doogiemo?

I work in IA, u?
5-Level
5-Level
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:08 am
I recently crosstrained to 1n5, and work in the 566th.
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:40 pm
comtroop wrote:
DrewS1982 wrote:Hey I didnt say Denver sucks I said Buckley Sucks... which is probably why everyone is getting out... I think you may remember all the people that got out during force shaping and the people that were left ended their time here to just get out

Dude, every base has people getting out, you can't use that as a measuring tool.

The past 3 years there has been a 0% re-enlistment rate for first term 3C's in my shop. We also had an airman meeting and the question was asked, not one of them said yes to reenlisting. hell we had a guy a few years back get here, fail his CDCs on purpose (supposedly) got the boot and got a sweet as job on the outside. Saw him a few weeks ago, looks to be doing pretty well for himself.
Post Whore
Post Whore
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am
DrewS1982 wrote:
comtroop wrote:
DrewS1982 wrote:Hey I didnt say Denver sucks I said Buckley Sucks... which is probably why everyone is getting out... I think you may remember all the people that got out during force shaping and the people that were left ended their time here to just get out

Dude, every base has people getting out, you can't use that as a measuring tool.

The past 3 years there has been a 0% re-enlistment rate for first term 3C's in my shop. We also had an airman meeting and the question was asked, not one of them said yes to reenlisting. hell we had a guy a few years back get here, fail his CDCs on purpose (supposedly) got the boot and got a sweet as job on the outside. Saw him a few weeks ago, looks to be doing pretty well for himself.

What makes the place so bad? Many times there is a retarded reason for people not reenlisting. If its anything like the job sucks or the people suck that is normal whever you go.
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:17 am
raider8169 wrote:
DrewS1982 wrote:
comtroop wrote:

What makes the place so bad? Many times there is a retarded reason for people not reenlisting. If its anything like the job sucks or the people suck that is normal whever you go.

I've been away from Buckley for about a year now (Separated during the 0% reenlistment time Drew is talking about) and it was just poorly managed for a long time. We had an awful squadron commander during my first 3 years there. She called me a disrace to the Air Force a month after getting Honor Guard Airman of the Year. It was the perfect example of "The beatings will continue until morale improves". It's been so long in the back of my memory to cite too many examples, but so many people that have been there hate it (myself included) to not think something's wrong there.
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:35 am
Timmerz917 wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
DrewS1982 wrote:
comtroop wrote:

I've been away from Buckley for about a year now (Separated during the 0% reenlistment time Drew is talking about) and it was just poorly managed for a long time. We had an awful squadron commander during my first 3 years there. She called me a disrace to the Air Force a month after getting Honor Guard Airman of the Year. It was the perfect example of "The beatings will continue until morale improves". It's been so long in the back of my memory to cite too many examples, but so many people that have been there hate it (myself included) to not think something's wrong there.

Finally
Post Whore
Post Whore
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:20 am
Has nobody tried to upchannell this stuff?
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:49 am
We have tried and I have watched people try for years... it just seems like they don't care thing seem to be looking up right now though.... most of the time we get some management that says they care what happens but never back it up... but now we got some newer management and they are trying t make thing better for us... I still dont know really what to think...we'll see..but yes management in the past did believe in the "beating until morale improves"
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:09 pm
It was constant upchanneling. We had good people there the whole time I was there and had the flight commander and superintendant go to bat for me with the old commander, but she just told them to get out. I heard that she was investigated at her next assignment and retired, but I can't confirm that. Once again, I haven't been there for a while now and don't know what it's like anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:24 pm
Anyone know if there are any 3D173 TSgt active duty slots here? CONUS Mandatory mover with a PCS date around May/June '16 and looking to get to Buckley if possible. If not...just about anywhere else in Colorado. PM me if you want prior experience. I've got a pretty wide scope of comm experience.
Previous

Return to Housing