Change font size   Print view   Arrange Blocks
Navigator

PCS'ing to Bolling

A place to share with your fellow Air Force members about your your Stateside Military assignments and TDY's. Let us know if an assignment was good or bad. Keywords: Langley, Eglin, Tyndal, Maxwell, Pentagon, Scott, AFB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:50 am
Hey!

I am currently in Daegu, S. Korea and I will be PCS'ing to Bolling in Jan 2017. I am an E5, 3D0X2.

I was hoping anyone on here could give me some info about the area, mainly the best places to live off base, and anyone that may have been w/ or is w/ the unit I am going to.

I am married w/ a 7yo daughter, and my wife and I want to have another child, so the family life is important. We are looking at buying a home in Waldorf MD.

The unit I am going to is the National Air/Space Intel. I haven't been able to find very much out about them, so anything would help!

Thanks in advance for any information!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 pm
Affordable housing is definitely the outer VA areas, look about 20 min, Woodbridge.

or Waldorf MD, alot of E5's live in Waldorf area with a house. Anywhere from the 125-200+ range for nice 2-3 bedroom town homes. Only bad thing is the commute is about 30-40min average each way, and its about 30 min from DC.

I live in Alexandria, VA...and the average is about 1300-1800 for a 1 bedroom apt, I pay 1350 and live 5 min past the Pentagon, but its 10 min from the National Mall/DC.

Sounds like you might prefer the Waldorf area as it is family friendly and you can get much more "house/family/home" life for reasonable pricing, anywhere within 15 min of DC and your looking at 200/300+ townhomes.. with no yard or land.

Ask away! I am an E-5 married, no kids, work at the agency on Bolling AFB

Return to Conus